Wholesale and Maturing Room Manager
We are looking for an experienced cheesemonger to join us from January to help us source, age and sell some of the best cheese in London. This is an opportunity to join and contribute to the continued growth of a young, award-winning business.
We are currently looking for someone to work in our ageing rooms and wholesale department. This is a full-time role including weekend work.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Conditioning our cheese to the highest standards
• Organisation and cleaning of the maturing rooms in compliance with our HACCP systems
• Completing paperwork relating to food safety
• Preparing and packing cheese and charcuterie orders for despatch to wholesale customers
• Stock control, ordering and reporting
• Developing and nurturing relationships with our discerning wholesale customers including making sales and delivering training
• Supervising a wholesale assistant and working together to meet deadlines and targets
• Serving retail customers in our shop
• Assisting with our events
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a few years’ experience working as a cheesemonger or in the cheese industry and will be looking for the next step in their career
• Be organised, have an eye for detail and a genuine desire to exceed the expectations of our customers
• Be physically fit. This is a physically demanding job and you will need to be prepared to lift heavy cheese and work in our refrigerated maturing rooms
• Be able to take the initiative and be interested in contributing to the continued growth of the business as a team
This position is ideal for someone interested in a long-term challenge with plenty of opportunity to grow within the business.
• We offer an annual training plan including supplier visits and industry get togethers
• Discount on our cheese and other speciality produce
• Salary £23–28k depending on experience
If you think this is for you then please forward your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com
Buchanans Cheesemonger collects personal information from individuals who sign up to receive our newsletter either via our website or using a sign-up form in our shop or on an event stand.
How we use personal data
When we email our subscribers, we track who opens emails and clicks through the links. This allows us to measure the performance of our email campaigns.
Every email newsletter contains a link at the bottom inviting you to unsubscribe from our communications if you wish. Alternatively you can ask to be removed by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact us using the email address above or in writing (Buchanans Cheesemonger, 5a Porchester Place, London W2 2BS) in order to request to:
• See what data we hold about you
• Update or correct any data we hold about you
• Request for the data we hold on you to be deleted
• Express any concerns you have about our use of your data
Buchanans Cheesemonger may require a copy of appropriate evidence such as a passport, driving licence, recent bank statement or utility bill prior to responding to a subject access request, in order to verify your identity. We will respond to all requests related to your personal information within one month of receipt.
Security of personal information
Buchanans Cheesemonger has measures in place to protect personal information.
Only employees who need information to perform a specific task have access to your personal information. The computers on which your personal information is stored are password protected. Any personal information stored on paper is locked away when not in use and disposed of after use using document shredders or as confidential waste.
Last updated 24th May 2018.